About the Working Artist Project
The Working Artist Project (WAP) is a year long fellowship program facilitated by The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (MOCA GA). The program was created by MOCA GA to champion established visual artists of merit who reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area. Each year a guest curator selects three of our city’s best and brightest to receive a solo exhibition, promotion, a studio apprentice (in support of emerging artists in the Atlanta Community), $1,000 Binders account, a full-color catalogue, and a $15,000 stipend to create work over the course of the year.
WAP is supported through grants from the Charles Loridans Foundation, The Antinori Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Grant Period: June, 2018 – Close of 2019 WAP Exhibitions
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: May 14, 2018
Guest Curator Allison Glenn
- Applicants must currently reside in the metro Atlanta area and must retain residency during the entire length of the grant period, at the close of the final WAP Exhibition,
- demonstrate artistic merit, professionalism, and proven ability to complete the project,
- have participated in a minimum of 5 years of exhibiting, including 1 solo exhibition in a gallery/museum of regional, national or international renown,
- not have a solo exhibition in the metro Atlanta area during the grant period, until after the close of the final WAP exhibtion,
- provide a detailed list of all known exhibition commitments (confirmed and non-confirmed) in the metro Atlanta area that will take place during the grant period,
- demonstrate recognition of quality of work through publication or review, and
- be available June 14th and 15th for in person, studio visits if selected as a finalist.
WAP Awardee Requirements
Winners must produce all new work expressly for debut at MOCA GA; provide a single work for the MOCA GA Permanent Collection; agree to the exhibition dates identified; mentor at least 1 studio apprentice; and participate in educational programming for the public.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted online at https://fs22.formsite.com/mocaga/form8/index.html. Including resume, statement, reviews and samples of work.
- Application Deadline: May 14th, 2018
- Applications Reviewed: May 21st – June 4th
- Semifinalists Notified: June 8th
- Studio Visits: June 14th and 15th
- Winner Announced: June 15th