- Take casual photos for personal use only.
- Use handheld cameras, cell phones, and tablets with the flash turned off.
- Post images from their visits on personal social media sites as long as they are not used for profit.
Visitors may NOT:
- Use tripods, lights, selfie sticks, or other external equipment.
- Sell or publish the images.
- Use the images to promote any outside product or service.
- Maintain a safe, non-touching distance from all artwork, cases, platforms, and pedestals.
- Respect other visitors enjoying the galleries.
MOCA GA reserves the right to withhold or withdraw permission to photograph on the premises. MOCA GA staff have the authority to approach and verify the intent of photography and to enforce the Photography Policy.
Members of the media must make arrangements via email for all photo and video shoots in advance.
All organized photo shoots inside the Museum—for news coverage, school projects, etc.—require a staff member escort.
Due to the delicate nature of the artwork on view, additional light sources may not be permitted in certain galleries. Any additional approved lighting must be weighted at the base and must be kept 10 or more feet away from any work of art. Tripods and other special equipment must be approved in advance.
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILM SHOOTS
Photography and film shoots for commercial purposes (advertising, TV/film, etc.) must be approved and scheduled in advance. Commercial shoots are subject to additional fees and are typically scheduled on Mondays or before noon, when MOCA GA is closed to the public. It is the user’s responsibility to obtain necessary permissions and pay required fees to the artist, estate, or rights representative for any commercial use of copyrighted material.
IMAGE RIGHTS AND REPRODUCTIONS
Professional images of objects in the collection may be available for high-quality print publishing and commercial uses. However, MOCA GA does not retain copyright for works in the collection, and it is the responsibility of those requesting use to contact the artists/estates for permission. A copy of written permission must then be shared with MOCA GA as proof of artist consent.
MOCA GA may photograph or video visitors for educational and promotional purposes. Attendance on MOCA GA premises constitutes implied consent for the use of visitors’ likenesses in the museum’s promotional materials.
Personal photographs may not be published, sold, or otherwise distributed for commercial purposes.