Open Call to Georgia Artists of Hispanic/Latinx Origin for Group Exhibition
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (MOCA GA) is calling all Georgia Artists of Hispanic/Latinx origin for an upcoming juried exhibition at MOCA GA, opening in early April of 2020.
MOCA GA, in partnership with the Latin American Association, will spotlight significant contributions to contemporary art by these talented Georgia residents. Cuban-born, Atlanta artist Alexi Torres, in conjunction with MOCA GA Director Annette Cone-Skelton will co-jury this exciting new project.
The competition is open to residents of Georgia, originally, or with ancestry, from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal, or who consider their ethnic identity to be Hispanic or Latinx.
Exhibition Dates: April 4 – May 16, 2020
Midnight Wednesday, February 12, 2020
NotiFications to artist
March 4, 2020
(notification by email)
Art Drop-off date
Wednesday - Thursday, March 25-26, 2020
(9am - 5pm)
Exhibition opening reception
Friday, April 3, 2020, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
Art pick-up date
Monday-Tuesday, May 18-19, 2020
(9 am - 5 pm)
Eligibility, Terms and Conditions
- Artist Eligibility – The competition is open to residents of Georgia, originally, or with ancestry, from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal, or who consider their ethnic identity to be Hispanic or Latinx. Additionally, applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Accepted media and not accepted media – Up to five submissions (artwork entries) of painting, sculpture, photography, drawing, mixed media, digital video art, performance art, film and print are eligible, and all must have been created within the last 5 years. Please note, jewelry, and crafts are not eligible, nor are collaborative works.
- Selected Artists – If your work is selected it will be your exclusive responsibility to deliver the actual artwork to the gallery and to make sure it is framed and/or ready to be displayed, including all hardware.
- Delivery/Shipping/Insurance: Please note that selected artists are responsible for all arrangements and costs connected to on-time delivery and/or shipping to and from the gallery and for insuring the artwork while it is in transit.
- Usage of Images – We will have the right to publish images of your artwork, selected by the jurors, on our website and other advertising channels to promote the exhibition, competition, and future MOCA GA programming.
- Retention of Images – By uploading your artwork, you authorize us to retain the images of such uploaded artwork for the purpose of archiving this exhibition.
- Changes in Schedule – MOCA GA reserves the right to change call deadlines and dates due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Copyrights – All of the images that you will be submitting are images of original artwork created by yourself or are artworks created by an artist who authorized you to submit the images on his/her behalf. Images submitted by you do not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
Exhibition Details & Expectations
MOCA GA will provide:
- Extensive marketing through social media and press outlets
- Staff for exhibition preparation and installation
- A selection of available pedestals, wall shelving, and projectors/monitors
- Exhibition interpretive materials
- Public opening reception and accompanying programming events
Selected Artists are asked to:
- Complete and sign a MOCA GA Exhibition Loan Agreement Form
- Deliver/pick-up their artwork to/from MOCA GA at the specified date/time
- Be available for consultation regarding the installation of their artwork and provide assistance with installation as needed