- This event has passed.
Pin-Up Show + Sale
The annual MOCA GA Pin-Up Show + Sale will take place on Thursday, May 2, 2019
Mark your calendars now for this one-night-only program event to purchase affordable works of art by local artists. Artists keep 100% of the proceeds. This is a great opportunity for both emerging artists and budding art collectors! Enjoy drinks, snacks, and see the great talent on display! Admission is free for Members or $15 for non-members. Enjoy $5 off any level membership with the code PINUP2019
All artists must be current MOCA GA Members to participate in the sale of one work of art
MOCA GA will accept cash, checks to MOCA GA, or credit cards for purchases. A $3 fee will be added to all credit card charges to buyers. Artists will be reimbursed for the full amount of the sale before fees and taxes!
2019 Pin-Up Show Judge: Sarah Higgins
Sarah Higgins resides in Atlanta, Georgia. She is interim editor of Art Papers. She was curator of the Zuckerman Museum of Art (ZMA) at Kennesaw State University from 2015-2019. She has curated over 40 exhibitions featuring a diverse range of emerging, established, and international artists for institutions such as the Hessel Museum of Art, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia, and Atlantic Center for the Arts.
Artist Drop-off Guidelines
Participating Artist Requirements
- All participating artists must be MOCA GA members (at any level) or become members of MOCA GA to submit work in Pin-Up 2019. Artists can join online or in person while dropping off work using the discount code PINUP2019 to take $5 off
- All artists must be 18 years or older to participate
- Only one artwork may be submitted by each participating artist
- All artistic media accepted
- Artwork must be no larger than 20 x 20 x 4 inches (including any mats, frames, or borders)
- Artist must be able to hang work on the wall with no more than 4 standard push pins provided by MOCA GA
- Artwork must be priced at $500 or less
- Artist’s name must be printed on the front or back of the artwork
- Wednesday, May 1st | 5:00 – 8:00 PM
- Thursday, May 2nd | 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
You must complete and submit the Pin-Up Release Form at drop off. (Find a link to the release form below to complete prior to artwork drop-off) If someone other than you is authorized to pick up unsold artwork, you must list the authorized person on your Release Form. This signed form releases MOCA GA from claims arising out of any loss or damage. Artist assumes full liability for their artwork.
Pick Up of Unsold Artwork
Artwork may be picked up after 9:00 following the event; Friday, May 3rd from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM ; or Saturday, May 4th from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Unclaimed work will be discarded after Saturday, May 4th at 5:00 PM.