Calls for submissions
Gathered III – Open Call to Georgia Artists for Group Exhibition
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (MOCA GA) is organizing a major exhibition of work by the artists of Georgia.
MOCA GA is calling all Georgia artists for its third installment of the bi-annual exhibition Gathered: Georgia Artists Selecting Georgia Artists. This year esteemed jurors, Masud Olufani, Rocio Rodriguez and Jerry Siegel, are committed to offering not only the breadth of the talent across the state of the Georgia but also the depth. This different way of examining the art of the State will be accomplished by selecting fewer participants than in previous years and exhibiting multiple works by individual artists. Each artist is requested to submit images of 5 works which best represent their practice. The jurors will look at each artist as a whole based on all of the works presented, then they may select just one or multiple works from selected artists. Gathered III will be an exciting and thoughtful representation of the art Georgia artists are producing.
Masud Olufani, Rocio Rodriguez and Jerry Siegel
Call for entries sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Submissions DUE to MOCA GA: Sunday, March 26, 2017 (by midnight)
Notifications to artists: Friday, April 14, 2017 (by email)
Art Drop-off Dates: April 22 – 28, 2017 (5 days, 10am-5pm, Tu-Th)
Installation of exhibition: May 3 – 12, 2017 (8 days, 10am-5pm, M-F)
Exhibition Opening: Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 6:30-8:30P
Exhibition dates: May 16 – July 1, 2017 (7 weeks)
Art Pick-up Dates: July 6 – 8, 2017 (3 days, 10am – 5pm, Th-Sat)
Eligibility and fee
Open call to all artists 18 years and older living in Georgia.
There is a $30 NON-REFUNDABLE entrance fee.
Up to $5,000 in cash prizes!
Exhibition Details & Expectations
MOCA GA will provide:
- 7,000 square feet of exhibition space
- Extensive marketing though social media and press outlets
- Staff for exhibition preparation and installation
- A selection of available pedestals, wall shelving, and projectors/monitors
- Exhibition interpretive materials
- Public opening reception and accompanying programming events
Artists are asked to:
- Deliver/pick-up their artwork to/from MOCA GA
- Be available for consultation regarding the installation of their artwork and provide assistance with installation as needed
- Complete and sign a MOCA GA Exhibition Loan Form
Please submit materials* no later than midnight on Sunday March 26, 2017
Submissions accepted only through Formsite.com
DIRECT LINK: https://fs22.formsite.com/mocaga/form5/index.html
You will need to include the following with your submission:
- Address, phone number, and email
- Current Curricula Vitae (CV) or Résumé
- Five (5) works for consideration, which must all be available for the entire exhibition period. See exhibition dates above. Works must be produced within the last three (3) years. All works must be installation ready.
- A checklist corresponding to the submitted images.
- Home and/or Studio address must be within state of Georgia and artists must be at least 18 years of age
- Submit $30 entrance fee
- Curricula Vitae (CV) or Résumé, submitted in .doc, .pdf or comparable format
- Submit up to 5 works for consideration. Works must be submitted in jpeg format (not to exceed 1000 x 700 pixels and at no less than 150 dpi). Label files: LastnameFirstname# (ex: SchmitzJessica1.jpg). New media (video, animation, and motion graphics, etc.) must be submitted direct links to works online. (Vimeo, YouTube, personal website, etc.)
- Checklist for artworks: title, date, medium, dimensions, and other info necessary for the jurors
*Submission materials will not be returned to the applicant.
Submit a Coloring sheet for Wine and Coloring night
Email a pdf of your coloring sheet and bio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artist will get free admission to the event! Next Wine and Coloring Night is March 8, 2017.
SOCIETY 1858 OF THE GIBBES MUSEUM OF ART - CHARLESTON
The 1858 Prize for Contemporary Southern Art awards $10,000 to an artist whose work contributes to a new understanding of art in the South. Presented annually, the prize recognizes the highest level of artistic achievement in any media. Artists from Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia are eligible to apply.
Applications are accepted exclusively through this website through May 31, 2017.