Open Call to Georgia Artists for Group Exhibition
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia (MOCA GA) is calling all Georgia artists for its 4th installment of the biennial exhibition Gathered IV: Georgia Artists Selecting Georgia Artists. Esteemed jurors Kevin Cole, Mario Petrirena, and Lisa Tuttle are committed to offering not only the breadth of talent across the state of Georgia, but also the depth. The exhibition has steadily evolved over the last thirteen years from its original incarnation: Within State Lines, which took place in 2006 and 2009, to Georgia Artists Selecting Georgia Artists, 2013 and 2015, and finally, to Gathered: Georgia Artists Selecting Georgia Artists. The MOCA GA mission is fully realized within this project as artists are involved in all phases of the exhibition, including selection and review.
In the 2017 incarnation of Gathered, jurors further developed the preceding selection process and criteria in their decision to select fewer participants than in previous years, while exhibiting multiple works by individual artists. As a result, a rich group exhibition celebrating the aptitude and scope of close to 40 Georgia artists was unveiled. This year, the jurors have decided to continue in this vein and broaden the scope of artwork by inviting applicants to submit any and all media, works ranging from small scale (a few inches) up 10’ in height (150lb limit for wall hung works, and 300lb limit for sculpture).
This is an open call to all artists 18 years of age and older, living in the state of Georgia. There is a $30 non-refundable entrance fee. All artists are requested to submit 5 images or links to 5 works which best represent their practice. The jurors will look at each artist as a whole based on all of the works presented, then they may select just one, or they may choose multiple works from selected artists. As proven in past exhibitions, Gathered IV will be an exciting and thoughtful representation of the art that Georgia artists are currently producing.
Juried By: Kevin Cole,
Mario Petrirena & Lisa Tuttle
NotiFications to artist
Friday, March 22, 2019
(notification by email)
Art Drop-off dates
April 9-10, 2019
(2 days, 9 am-5 pm)
Exhibition opening reception
Friday, April 19, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 pm
April 20 - June 15, 2019
Art pick-up dates
June 17- 18, 2019
(2 days, 9 am - 5 pm)
Eligibility, fee & Awards
Open call to all artists 18 years and older living in Georgia
There is a $30 NON-REFUNDABLE entrance fee.
Awards – Up to $5,000 in cash prizes
Exhibition Details & Expectations
MOCA GA will provide:
- 7,000 square feet of exhibition space
- Extensive marketing through social media and press outlets
- Staff for exhibition preparation and installation
- A selection of available pedestals, wall shelving, and projectors/monitors
- Exhibition interpretive materials
- Public opening reception and accompanying programming events
Artists are asked to:
- Deliver/pick-up their artwork to/from MOCA GA at the specified date/time
- Be available for consultation regarding the installation of their artwork and provide assistance with installation as needed
- Complete and sign a MOCA GA Exhibition Loan Form
2019 Submission Details
Please submit materials* no later than midnight on Sunday, March 3, 2019
Submissions accepted only through Formsite.com
You will need to include the following with your submission:
- Address, phone number, and email
- Current Curricula Vitae (CV) or Résumé
- Five images/links of (5) works for consideration, which must all be available for the entire exhibition period. See exhibition dates above. Works must be produced within the last three (3) years. All works must be installation ready, and please use professional quality frames and /or mounting materials.
- A checklist corresponding to the submitted images.
- $30 entrance fee
- Home and/or Studio address must be within the state of Georgia and artists must be at least 18 years of age
- Curricula Vitae (CV) or Résumé, submitted in pdf format
- Images submitted in jpeg format (not to exceed 1000 x 700 pixels and at no less than 150 dpi). image files must be numbered last name_first name and 1-5 (Smith_John_1.jpg, Smith_John_2.jpg, Smith_John_3.jpg…)
- New media (video, animation, and motion graphics, etc.) must be submitted via direct links to online work (Vimeo, YouTube, Personal Website, etc.).
- Checklist, submitted in pdf format, and labeled “Last Name_First Name_Checklist” (Smith_John_Checklist.pdf)
- DO NOT include your name on the checklist itself, but only in the file name. On the document only include title of work, date, medium, dimensions (and active URL link). The checklist descriptions should be labeled with the corresponding numbers (1-5) for each image/link.
- All links to new media files must be listed as active URL links on checklist.
Installation views of MOCA GA's 2017 installment of the biennial exhibition, Gathered III: Georgia Artist Selecting Georgia Artists.