Genevieve Arnold (b. 1928 in Covington, Georgia) received a B.F.A. from Atlanta College of Art in 1951 after studying at Emory University in 1948 and Georgia State University between 1946-1947. In addition to being a recipient of the Georgia Women in the Visual Arts in 1997, Arnold was also awarded the Travel Award by the Atlanta Arts Alliance in 1964 and received recognition from the Woodruff Arts Center given graciously by the Gilman Paper Company. With several solo exhibitions, including the Fred Reed Gallery (Atlanta, GA, 1959), the New Arts Gallery (Atlanta, GA, 1962), the Jacksonville Art Museum (Jacksonville, FL, 1972), the Heath Gallery (Atlanta, GA, 1987, 1990 and 1994), and the Kiang Gallery (Atlanta, GA, 2001), Genevieve Arnold garnered immense artistic praise. In addition, she owned the Arnold Art Gallery at the Omni Hotel in Atlanta and became Director of the Atlanta College of Art Gallery. Her work can be found in collections at the High Museum of Art (Atlanta, GA), Jacksonville Art Museum (Jacksonville, FL), and the John Hartland Company, GA.