About the Working Artist Project
The Working Artist Project (WAP) is a year long fellowship program at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia that supports established visual artists of merit who reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area. This initiative provides an unparalleled level of support for individual artists, expands the Museum’s mission, and strengthens the arts and cultural component of Atlanta. Each year a guest curator selects three artists who represent our city’s best and brightest. MOCA GA will award these artists with
- a solo exhibition,
- a paid studio apprentice,
- a $1,000 Binders account,
- a full-color catalog,
- a $15,000 stipend to create new work over the course of the year, and
- one new work selected from their solo exhibition for the Permanent Collection.
WAP is supported through grants from the Charles Loridans Foundation, The Antinori Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
Grant Period: August, 2017 – End of the WAP Exhibition Schedule in 2018
DEADLINE: JULY 11TH, 2017
All artists who are interested in applying must:
- currently reside in the metro Atlanta area and must retain residency during the entire length of the grant period.
- demonstrate artistic merit, professionalism, and proven ability to complete the project.
- have a minimum of 5 years of exhibition records including 1 solo exhibition in a gallery/museum of regional, national or international renown.
- not have a solo exhibition in the metro Atlanta area during the grant period.
- provide a detailed list of all known exhibition commitments (confirmed and non-confirmed) in the metro Atlanta area that will take place during the grant period.
- demonstrate recognition of quality of work through publication or review.
- be available August 10th and 11th for studio visits if selected as a finalist.
Commit to produce new work expressly for debut at MOCA GA
Commit 1 new work of art for the MOCA GA Permanent Collection
Commit to the exhibition dates identified
Commit to mentor at least 1 studio apprentice
Commit to participate in education programming for the public
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted online at https://fs22.formsite.com/mocaga/form6/index.html?1497014933817. Including resume, statement, reviews and samples of work.
- Application Deadline: July 11th, 2017
- Applications Reviewed: July 17th-July 31st
- Semifinalists Notified: August 1st
- Studio Visits: August 10th and 11th
- Winner Announced: August 11th\